Risk management practices and new trade reporting regimes in Australia's OTC derivatives market
About the course
In response to a rapidly changing environment Asia Risk Magazine presents this practical workshop on clearing and settling OTC derivatives. With ASIC's rules for trade repositories and trade reporting due to be in place by July this year, the workshop offers a timely and convenient fixture for all those involved in Australia's OTC derivatives space.
Risk practitioners, investors and buy side professionals will enjoy advice from leading speakers on the extraterritorial reach of derivatives regulations and what this means for Australian markets; meeting requirements of the new trade reporting and repository regimes, selecting clearing members, managing margins calls, and managing central and bilateral trading systems. An additional and important element of the workshop will focus on counterparty credit risk management and utilising collateral management.
This workshop is a must attend for professionals who required to clear standardised OTC derivative trades through CCP's and undertake collateral management.
By the end of this workshop you will have a clearer understanding of the implications of current regulatory change in order to reduce risks on your business. More specifically some key learning outcomes are:
- Understanding the extraterritorial reach and implications of derivatives regulations
- Adjusting to the new regimes for trade reporting and repository
- Implementing systems for trade reporting and overcoming the operational challenges
- Mastering new risk management controls
- Managing your firms cash in order to satisfy margin calls
- Look inside CCP's and trade repositories to see how they work and interact with the market
- Knowing what can happen in the event of a CCP or clearing member default and what protection is available
- Counterparty credit risk management, credit support annex and documenting collateral agreements
- Understanding changes in the availability of high quality liquid assets
- Expanded uses of other collateral types: corporate bonds, covered bonds, equities, letters of credit and guarantees
Register Now: There are limited passes available for this course so get in quick and secure yours today.
For more registration information, please contact Candy Miu on + 852 3411 4839 or by email: Candy.Miu@incisivemedia.com
We look forward to welcoming you to the course.
Publishing Director, Asia Pacific
Asia Risk magazine