Complying with mandatory clearing and trade reporting obligations in Hong Kong’s OTC derivatives market
Asia Risk is delighted to present the Clearing and Reporting OTC Derivatives, a two day training course that will help financial institutions prepare their operations to comply with the forthcoming mandatory clearing and trade reporting requirements.
15 - 16 April 2014
The Excelsior Hotel, Hong Kong
Join leading finance, risk, treasury, compliance and operations practitioners, who will help you to understand and meet the demands of new trade reporting obligations and prepare for the forthcoming OTC derivatives clearing mandate.
With HKMA's and SFC's rules for mandatory clearing and trade reporting due in early 2014, this is a crucial time for Hong Kong-based financial institutions to understand and adhere to these new provisions.
Key topics of the two - day workshops include:
- The impact of EMIR and Dodd Frank protocols on practitioners in Hong Kong;
- The prospect of Hong Kong achieving European Securities and Markets Authority equivalency;
- How foreign clearing houses are recognised by individual regulators;
- The role of SEFs and CCPs in clearing;
- Knowing what can happen in the event of a CCP or clearing member default and what protection is available;
- Managing the maze of legal documentation, including bilateral agreements, the ISDA Master Agreement, and collateral agreements;
- How central clearing will impact costs, margining, and collateral management;
- Implementing new business requirements to comply with new transaction reporting provisions.