Global Head of Liquidity Risk Review
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
In his role, Steve is responsible for providing the Group Asset & Liability Committee (GALCO) independent assurance liquidity risk management decisions result in prudent and robust balance sheets in each country that Standard Chartered operates. Previously at Standard Chartered, Steve has had responsibility liquidity stress testing, liquidity policy and balance sheet risk methodology.
Steve joined SCB in August 2012 from KPMG in Sydney where he was responsible for KPMG’s bank treasury advisory offering across Australia and acted as a regional expert, working in China, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
Prior to this, he worked in Group Treasury roles at Allco Finance Group, St. George Bank and Westpac Banking Corp.
Steve is passionate about improving balance sheet risk management practices across the Standard Chartered and mentoring/training junior staff.
- Advising Zensung (insuretech) and Sunpower Renewables (portable solar) start-ups on strategy and capital raising
- Managing Director FinTorque providing innovative, customised and affordable finance & treasury solutions for financial service providers in Emerging & Developing Markets
- IMF Financial Sector Consultant
- 4 Global Banks, 36yrs (30 in APAC)
- Group Treasury Business Head; Asia Treasurer & Country Treasurer (Indonesia, USA); Global Markets Business Manager; Group Market Risk
- Reshaping business post GFC & Regulations; Balance Sheet Optimisation Tools; Group FTP Policy; Retail Deposit Growth & Securitisation; Trading Room Performance & Efficiency