09:00 – 09:10
Chairperson’s opening remarks
09:10 – 09:50
Overview of trends within ETF & indexing markets
- How can ETF & indexing products offset risks in the current market environment?
- What are the trends developing around ETF & indexing products in 2023?
- Have due diligence processes evolved for the better?
- Where will the ETF & indexing market see the most alpha in 2023?
Alpha Quest Pte. Ltd.
Rana Bhattacharjee is the Director and Senior Client Advisor at Alpha Quest Pte. Ltd., a licensed fund management company, regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, providing wealth and portfolio management services to its clients.
Rana has an extensive experience of over 20 years in the wealth management industry and worked for Private Banks including Fortis, Standard Chartered Private Bank and CIC Banque Privee before setting up Alpha Quest with his partners. He focuses on allocation across all traditional and alternative asset classes to achieve the portfolio goals for his clients.
He is a CAIA, CFP, CMT and CFTe charterholder and has an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
09:50 – 10:30
The role of ESG ETFs in creating socially responsible portfolios
- How have the ESG ETFs markets evolved since its inception?
- Creating partnership between asset owners and ETF issuers to make impact
- New products that provide wide array of options within the ESG space
- Looking ahead to the role carbon credit trading ETF markets will play
10:30 – 11:00
The opportunities of fixed-income ETFs in the current market conditions
- What has been seen within new fixed-income ETFs since 2022?
- Considering different factors of fixed-income ETFs and assessing quality
- Which bonds are bringing greater returns in a growing crowded market?
- The value of fixed-income ETFs as interest rates and inflation continue to rise
Abiman Asset Management
Nirman is in-charge of financial portfolio management at Abiman Asset Management, a single family office located in Singapore. His responsibilities include asset allocation, security selection and risk management. He invests into single bonds, equities and commodities in a multi-asset context. His work is influenced by factor based investing and systematic approach to asset allocation and risk management. Prior to Abiman, he worked at Taurus Family office, a multi-family office. At Taurus, he advised and managed portfolios for high net-worth families in a multi-asset context. He also successfully managed an Emerging market credit fund which ranked in top 1% globally in terms of performance, among emerging market credit funds. Prior to Taurus, Nirman worked for Citi wealth management, within the fixed income department, advising clients on their fixed income investments. Nirman has graduated from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (Masters in Business) and University of Mumbai (Computer Sc. Engineering).
11:00 – 11:30
11:30 – 11:55
China equity for global investors: reopen, recovery, reentry
- Investment trends and challenges with investment into China post pandemic reopening
- Opportunities in China A share amidst China’s economy transformation
- Outlook of China A Share investment landscape
11:55 – 12:25
CIO perspective: Building a robust portfolio strategy with ETFs & indexing products
- What sectors draw the greatest interest when looking at ETFs?
- The approach of indexing products within portfolio construction strategies
- Will digital asset products be a viable option in the coming years?
- What are the missing products within the ETF & indexing markets?
Chief investment officer
Chief investment officer and head of discretionary portfolio management (DPM), international wealth management
Gareth Nicholson joined Nomura in July 2021 as Chief Investment Officer and Head of Discretionary Portfolio Management for International Wealth Management. He is based in Singapore.
Gareth works closely with Nomura’s Global Markets and Investment Banking businesses to expand the firm’s product offerings and spearhead a streamlined, solutions-driven coverage effort for high-net-worth clients, external asset managers and family offices. With a strong institutional investment background, he creates and manages DPM strategies for fixed income, equity and multi-asset portfolios, while providing risk management support.
Gareth has over 16 years of experience in financial markets. Prior to Nomura, he was Head of Fixed Income DPM at Bank of Singapore, where he was also a member of its investment committee. Before that, he was with Aberdeen Standard Investments for almost 10 years as a fixed income trader and an Asian credit portfolio manager. He began working in finance in 2004 as a derivatives specialist with Deutsche Asset Management after an early career as a mathematics teacher.
Gareth holds a BSc in Financial Mathematics from the University of Johannesburg. He was born and raised in East London, South Africa.
Group head of investment strategy and solutions
12:25 – 13:25